To hold you over, here are some of my favorite tricks for spring cleaning.
- To freshen up some spring bedding, add 1/4 cup lemon juice to your washing machine before the wash cycle.
- If you can, only dry your sheets halfway and then dry them in the back yard or hang from the second story balcony, like I do :).
- Before storing winter down comforters, hang them out in the sun and lightly (VERY LIGHTLY) spritz with a solution of 50-50 water and lemon juice. The lemon juice and sun combination will help freshen them up storage.
- Instead of using paper towels for polishing your wood cabinets and tables, use old socks. They hold your wood polish/cleaner of choice better and they are less expensive than paper.
- Use old newspaper to clean windows with vinegar because it is lint free and will reduce streaking. This also works with your favorite glass cleaner.
- If you have carpeting
- Sprinkle baking soda on before bed and vacuum up in the morning to eliminate musty winter odors, this also works on greasy stains
- Clean soap scum off of shower doors with a used "bounce" sheet.
- Stainless steel appliances clean with just an old cloth and some olive oil. Scrubbing is necessary, go with the grain.